September 17, 2008

9-11 Seven Years of Ripening.

9-11-08 was the last day of peace before Hurricane Ike caused gas prices to skyrocket even further. This was followed by the current escalation in the economic downward spiral... (Meril Lynch, Lehman Brothers, AIG) but that's obviously not what I was "predicting".

The Lord will be glorified no matter what happens, so I am not too worried, and I am very relieved not to have said "Thus Saith the Lord" about 9-11-08. I've had glimpses and snippets of visions before, but I'm much more comfortable in learning about the past, and analyzing our present than I am in predicting the future.

That being said, it is possible for us to understand what will likely happen in the future, if we do the hard work of learning the hidden details of history (like the Media-ignored comparisons between Bush's 9-11, and Hitler's Reichstag fire). We can also understand what will likely happen in the future if we pay close attention to current events. Most people don't have the time for that, because their time is spent on their jobs, families, or other priorities of this world. But those people who have studied, because of a hunger to know the truth no matter what cost...people who come to know what's going on, who's behind it, and why it's happening are entrusted with "a message of hope for those who receive it, and a warning to those who will not".

The above quote is a lyric from the Psycho-spiritual-Metal band, "Tool". This band produced an album in the spring of 2001 that eerily predicted the post-9-11 world. Read the lyrics to Laturalus here. It's amazing.

What's more amazing, Alex Grey, who has painted the artwork for their album covers since 2001, actually predicted the post-9-11 world in a painting he made in 1989. The picture below shows two airplanes flying towards the twin towers in the background, and in the foreground, there are three characters: a "terrorist", a dark suit wearing gentlemen who looks suspiciously like George W Bush, and a "Dick" (as in, Dick Cheney). I am publishing this painting because of it's foresight and significance to the greater spiritual picture. I hope that I will not offend anyone by doing so.

This painting shows what I see as a combination of the tree of life, and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. It also expresses the two paths ahead of us that I saw in my vision at the church in the week after 9-11. Those who choose the way of light, and life and God have been transforming during the past seven years into a greater awareness, empathy and understanding of the universe. Those who choose the way of darkness, and selfishness, and vengeance have experienced an atrophy of the spirit. The lost are suffering from this. They have no idea what's going on. They do not see the writing on the wall, or the dots connecting themselves. The Biblical analogy of "light" and "darkness" is about comprehension. Spiritual darkness is a plague that effects the lost (who are guided by liars, and agents of the adversary). This plague also affects the wicked themselves.

I believe that because both the lost and the wicked are in darkness, we must not condemn those who are in darkness. "Done" recently remarked on that, warning those gathered here not to get sucked up into the same condemning spirit that has it's grip on most people. He makes a very important point. We must confront and stand up when we're facing a lie, but we must not eternally condemn the liar, because it is God's duty to judge who is a deceiver, and who has simply been deceived.

God will distinguish what to keep and what to throw away, and always has. Even still, Light must penetrate the darkness. The lost will not like light shining in their eyes at first, but it's the only way to get them out. The wicked will fight to destroy the light. None of us has perfect light, but we do all have some of that light within us. It is our sacred duty to share it, in love (patience, kindness, etc). That task is certainly difficult, but in Christ it is possible, and we must be in Christ to share the light. We know the darkness will be done away with, let us continue to proclaim it. To our friends, relatives, neighbors, and strangers. The harvest is plentiful, and ripening even now. This is a wonderful time to be rooted in the Rock of Christ.

John 1:4-5

In Him (Jesus, the Word) was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.
Jesus says in John 15:1-12
“I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit. You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you. Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.

“I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned. If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you. By this My Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples.

“As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love. If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love. “These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full. This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.

Love is the Key. We know this, but it's good to remember it constantly, and not to be lured away from it for any reason. If we begin to argue with others purely for the thrill of winning, we are not abiding in love. The truth can only be received if it is offered in love. We must act out of love, for God, for brother, for neighbor, for enemy, and for self. We must teach in love, share in love, and most importantly, demonstrate love. Love is the Light that has been given to us, and that we must give out. Praise the Lord!

1 Cor 13:1-3
Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing. more...

No comments: